Wednesday 18 November 2015

Bikeability

Some of our pupils have been working hard on their bike riding skills through the Bikeability Scheme. Last week Chris Barltrop from West Berkshire Council came into school and supported by Chris Mason and Christine Cranstoun spent two session training some pupils on safe riding techniques. The pupils really enjoyed there day and were brilliant. Chris sent a lovely email to say what a great day he had, some of which I put below:


Hi Lisa

I just wanted to touch base following completion of the two day Bikeability course earlier this week. Badges were presented to all 6 pupils who completed level one while 5 completed level 2. 
 
The trainees were all enthusiastic and keen, and listened well too given some of the challenges they face regarding concentration. In addition Christine and Chris were excellent support for me given that my colleague, Alison, had a really unwell daughter and couldn't attend. 

I'd like to thank all the staff I encountered for making me feel welcome and at home.

Chris Barltrop

CBCT

for West Berkshire Council

Here are a couple of pictures: